Friday, November 4, 2011

Faith

Oh how life has changed since I have been in a regular habit of prayer both morning and night. Of course that was a habit I started before starting personal progress over again but even as it has become a goal to accomplish it has strengthened me time and again. I have one week left to go in order to accomplish all that has been asked of me as I work on the first experience under Faith.
 Alma 32: 17-18 reads "if thou wilt show unto us a sign, then we shall know, and then we will believe.... I ask is this faith? Nay. for if a man knoweth a thing he hath no cause to believe... faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ys have faith ye hope for things which are not seen which are true."
I learned once that even if an angel were to appear to you, without faith you wouldn't believe it.
Faith is knowing you can move mountains even though you've never had cause to. Faith is knowing you can get through this hard time even though there is no end in site. And Faith is knowning that there is someone, bigger than you and me, watching over us and blessing us.
I know that for many it seems hard to understand why we believe the way we do, and to be honest sometimes it's hard for me to understand. But I have faith. Faith that tomorrow will come and faith that I can get through it. I have faith that there is a God and that he is watching over me. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I know that I someday God will explain to me why my life worked out the way it has. And I am going to do my best to make him proud of me by being a good person and living in faith. I want to be able to look him in the eyes and tell him I did all I could do.
Faith is a hard seed to plant, espcially when you look at all the sad things happening in the world. But the gospel means that we rejoice in the good and we look forward to the day when all is said and done. The gospel gives us "good news" to rejoice in!
Love you, mean it <3

1 comment:

Rose said...

Sometimes, faith takes great courage. We don't have to understand everything God has planned for us, but trust that it is the best for us.