Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good Works: R.E. #3

I've decided to start on good works (required experience #3) because I've been extremely self-absorbed recently and I need to focus on someone else. Tonight at mutual (the activity for the young men and women of our church) I was talking to another leader, Anna. I talked to her earlier this week and she had mentioned how stressed and busy she was. She looked completely worn out tonight. What better time to experience good works? Tomorrow I've planned to go to her house and help her with preschool, and with cleaning her house. For those of you who don't have a personal progress book, you can follow along with this description of the experience requirements:
Read Mosiah 18:7–10, and in your journal list three ways you can comfort others or help them bear their burdens. Do the things on your list, and tell a family member or leader about the experience and how your attitude and understanding have changed.
I'll report back to you after a few acts of good works :)
Thank you for making this journey of my personal progress with me! I appreciate your support.

No comments: